Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

On The Couch: Bridesmaids.


What's the story? Lillian (Maya Rudolph) and Annie (Kristen Wiig) have been besties since birth, and it's all screams of excitement when Lillian gets a rock on her ring finger – until maid-of-honour Annie meets the other bridesmaids... including her new competition for the spot of BFF, the infuriatingy beautiful Helen (Rose Byrne).

Why it's worth paying $17.50 to see (possibly even more than once... I'll admit, I watched the Bridesmaids trailer and thought, "I don't know – it might get a few laughs..." I certainly did not think it would be hysterically funny. Boy, was I wrong. This totally lives up to it's hype as a kind of The Hangover for girls – it's light, it's well cast (I'm sure we'll be seeing more of these girls) and I dare you not to laugh out loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment