Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Can A Nutritionist Help You?

snottub

Here's the thing about personal trainers – they are awesome at creating exercise plans, but dishing out diets? Not so much. That's where it's better to consult to a trained dietician or nutritionist (there's a good rundown on the difference here). Food is their forte. And we all know that when it comes to weight-loss, what you eat constitutes about 80% and exercise does the rest.

I went to see a nutritionist when I first started going to the gym. I was working out, but not losing any weight. I needed someone with fresh eyes to look at my diet, so I booked in a session with Kathleen Alleaume from The Right Balance. Before my first appointment, I savoured a last Cadbury Freddo, sure that she was going to put me on some no-carb, starvation diet. But alas, she looked over my food diary, took my measurements, talked to me about my goals, discussed my food likes and dislikes and came up with a new eating plan that was healthy, balanced and (most importantly) full of things I actually want to eat.



That's the thing about dieticians, they're not into fad diets or cutting out entire food groups – they work with you to educate you and help you change the way you think about eating. And that's the strategy that works if you want long-lasting results that not only get you a little lighter but enrich your body with all the nutrition it needs. So if you've hit a road block on the way to weight-loss, it might be worth considering investing in a dietician who can help get you on the right route.

No comments:

Post a Comment