Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Vitamin Injections: Yay Or Nay?

Huffington Post
 
I am terrifed of needles. Every time my doctor suggests a bood test, I invariably spend the next twenty minutes quizzing him on just how necessary it is to have a needle prodded in my arm. I might be low in iron? That's cool. I'm fine with not knowing.

So the idea that some people would elect to have injections – that shiz is crazy. But that's exactly what Glee star Lea Michele claims is her weight-loss secret. She has vitamin injections. Willigly. By choice. Regularly.

And she's not the only one. Other celebs like Madonna and Katy Perry and Justin Timberlake are doing it too. Apparently these vitamin jabs increase energy levels and boost the metabolism, aiding weight loss.

That might be true, but I could never bring myself to request a poke in the arm with a needle. Just writing this is making me squirmy. Would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment