Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Was That Your Tummy Grumbling?

Lafamigliahomedesign

Do you remember what hungry feels like? I was headed to the shops on Saturday – it was around 2.30pm and I hadn't yet had lunch – when I felt a grumble in my stomach.

What was that strange sensation? Then it clicked. I was hungry. It took me a few seconds to connect the dots in my mind (grumbling stomach = sign of hunger) because, I realised, I don't often let myself get hungry. Peckish, yes. But tummy-growling hungry, nope.

Given that I have breakfast at 9am, tea and 11am, lunch at 1pm, afternoon tea at 4pm and dinner at around 7pm, my meals are so regular, I've normally eaten before it gets to that point. And it got me thinking, maybe I'm eating too much? When was the last time you heard your tummy give you a hint?

No comments:

Post a Comment