Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

“Are You Joining The Army?”

I'm no Private Benjamin.

That was the response I got from my colleague when I announced that I was going to try a little class at Fitness First called Basic Training. The army? Sheesh! I don’t do body rolls and snaking along the ground, you know. I’m like... a lady.

The class outline describes it as "a circuit-style class using simple, but high-intensity moves". High-intensity is one way of putting it... Horribly painful might be a more accurate description. After 60 minutes of sprints, push-ups, jumps, lunges and about a litre of sweat, I was well and truly ready to pack it in and never come back.

But after I'd towelled down, the fierce instructor had stopped screaming and I was on my way home to eat a bowl of spag bol completely guilt-free, it actually didn't seem half as bad. So I might try it again after all. I'm sure my muscles will only hurt for a few days... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment