Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Let Them Eat Cake.

I can have my cake and eat it too!

I've had a hankering for chocolate cake since Thursday. So this weekend I decided to cave into my craving with this ridiculously easy recipe, which comes courtesy of my aunty Carmel. 

You'll need...
125g butter
1/2 tablespoon coffee (made with 2/3 cup boiling water)
100g cooking chocolate
1cup caster sugar
1 cup self-raising flour
1/4 cup cocoa
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla essence 

What to do...
1. Melt butter in pot. Stir in coffee, chocolate and sugar. Whisk until smooth. Cool slightly.
2. Beat in sifted dry ingredients. Add eggs and vanilla and beat wel.
3. Pour into a greased, lined tin. Bake on 150 degrees for 50-55 minutes.

It literally never fails. (Except that one time that it did, but I'm pretty sure I used the wrong flour that time, so as long as you stick to the self-raising stuff, yours should be just fine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment