Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

All This Working Out Is Making Me Hungry.

Daily Mail

Just after she was spotted chowing down not one, but two plates of food at an LA deli last week, everone's favourite reality TV star Kim Kardashian asked the big question: "Why is it that the more I work out the hungrier I am!" she tweeted.

I hear you, sister. When I hit up the gym in the morning, by the time I get to my desk at nine, I'm so hungry I could eat my arm. Even after my muesli, I need a cup of tea and lunch by 12.30pm. And I'm not the only one. I remember telling a girl I used to work with that she looked fabulous, like she'd lost a few kilos. "Thanks, I have lost a bit of weight," she said. "I stopped going to the gym." Say what?

Apparently she found when she stopped working out, she ate less. It reminded me of this really interesting article I read in Time magazine a while back that argued that exact same point: why exercise won't make you thin. No one can deny the health benefits of regular exercise, but what's your take? Do you cancel it out by eating more?

Time

No comments:

Post a Comment