Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

How Tweet It Is.


I first got Twitter about two years ago. I was working at Shop Til You Drop and our ed had just heard about this awesome new social networking tool that everyone was saying would be the new Facebook. We had to be ahead of the curve. We all had to start tweeting.

I used it as a way to share all of my thoughts (even the most boring and irrelevant ones) and suffice to say, the novelty wore off pretty quickly – there wasn't really much time for tweeting between the crazy deadlines of a monthly magazine. But I've since signed up to Twitter again and this time I'm loving it.

Because this time, I'm using Twitter to listen. There are a lot of interesting people and businesses tweeting out there and even if you have nothing to say, there's still a lot you can get out other people's tweets – especially where health, fitness and wellbeing is concerned. So I thought I'd quickly share some of my favourite health tweeters...

@womenshealthaus: The clever clogs at Women's Health magazine consistently provide interesting links to articles, interviews and recipes – and they even tweet on weekends.

@SusieBurrell: One of Australia's leading nutritionists, Susie always has good tips and an everygirl approach.

@nytimeshealth: Your go-to for interesting articles on all things health-related. (Also see @nytimeswell where blogger Tara Parker-Pope gives you her take on the latest news and findings.)

@_sarahwilson_: She's all about making life a little better and if you don't read her blog, you really should.

@SELFmagazine: Don't scoff. Self actually posts a lot of really good ideas and links.

@MishBridges: Because Michelle Bridges is fabulous. Even on Twitter.

@chewoverthis: Nutritionist Kathleen Alleaume doesn't post so often she'll overrun your TweetDeck, but when she does, it's always thought provoking.

And for the TV addicts... @vulture: It's New York Magazine's entertainment and culture blog and is worth a look for the hi-larious episode recaps alone.

Of course, if you want to follow me, you can @fitcouchpotato. Who are the most interesting people you follow?

No comments:

Post a Comment