Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

On The Soapbox: Celebrity Diets.

Flat Tummy Fast! by James Duigan

I was recently reading a 14-day eating plan designed by celebrity trainer James Duigan (it's amazing how the words "Flat Tummy Fast" never fail to get me clicking) and I caught myself in a frown. Not because what he was suggesting didn't sound delicious – it absolutely did – but it was all just a bit, well, hard.

What normal, working woman has time to prepare "baked bass fillet" in their lunch break or "a grilled haddock fillet with roasted peppers and courgettes" before work for breakfast – I mean, what the hell is haddock, anyway?! Just googling the ingredients would take up more than the time allotted for breakfast preparation.

James says they are "simple" recipes, but I still think my oats and sultanas are simpler. Oh, how I long for a celebrity trainer to do a basic eating plan that includes, oh I don't know... things that people actual eat. Not haddock and turkey for every second meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment