Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dessert Lovers Rejoyce!

Fit Sugar
 
Dessert is my favourite part of any meal. The main course? I can take it or leave it, as long as there's something sweet coming after. And in winter, I don't think there's anything better than stewed fruit – because as well as being piping hot and just completely delicious, it's also not that bad for you health-wise. So when I found this delicious recipe for baked pears with maple yoghurt, I thought it would be a huge disservice if I didn't pass it along...

Baked Pears with Maple Greek Yogurt and Granola

You'll need...
  • 2 firm pears (Bartlett or Anjou)
  • 1/2 cup apple juice
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 16 ounce container plain Greek yogurt
  • 4 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup granola
  • 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts

What to do...
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Cut the pears in half lengthwise, and remove cores with a spoon. Place in an 8x8-inch baking pan, cut-sides down.
3. Pour apple juice and water over pears, and drizzle with honey. Cover pan loosely with foil and bake about 35 minutes or until tender.
4. When pears are done, pour the leftover baking liquid into a small saucepan and reduce over medium heat until about 1/4 cup of syrup remains; set aside to cool.
5. Open the container of Greek yogurt and stir in the maple syrup. Divide yogurt into four bowls. Place a half of the warm pear in each bowl, cut side up. Top with granola and walnuts, and drizzle with syrup you set aside.

Confession: Before I saw this recipe, I had no idea there was more than one type of pear. I mean Bartlett or Anjou, who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment