Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Are You A Morning Person?

The Love Shop

I wake up every morning at 5:20am. Well, that's not strictly true. I sleep in on weekends... till 7am.

Most people I've come across say they could never do that. They're not morning people. Truth is, I wasn't a morning person either. Until I was. You see, getting up before the birds is something you have to work on. You start gradually. I started with one cycling class on Tuesdays before work. A 6.30am wake up call, one morning in the week.

Then I gradually made it two and three and then four... and, well, you get the drift. And then I started setting my alarm just a little bit earlier. Now, I hardly even need an alarm – because if I'm still snoozing at 6am, my body clock wakes me up. I've trained it to.

And I have to say, I really enjoy the early morning – when it's just you, working out as the world wakes up. Added bonus: There is hardly any traffic on the road and you always get a seat on the train.

You sold yet? If you want some handy tips on how to become a morning person, read this. But my advice – just do it. Set your alarm and don't press snooze.

No comments:

Post a Comment