Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Love Vampire Diaries. Love Nina Dobrev.

Seventeen
 
And lucky for me, she's on the cover of the new Seventeen Fitness mag, looking amazing and sharing her health and fitness tips. And, get this, she loves yoga. Oh Nina, we couldn't be more different...

"I change up my fitness routine every so often, but yoga is the one thing that stays consistent. I do yoga 2-3 times a week, and it’s hot yoga. Aside from that, I also have a trainer that I work with whenever I can’t make the yoga classes, and he’s actually my yoga instructor. He used to be a professional basketball player, and then he became a yoga instructor, so he trains me at my gym in my building and so I do running. Not so much weights though, I don’t want to bulk up. I like to keep it all lean. I love yoga because it’s very calming for your body and your spirit. It gives you that meditative state and its 90 minutes where you can get away from the world and just be, and exist in the moment. I need yoga. It’s part of my life and I can’t imagine not doing it. The hot yoga is great because you’re sweating and kind of getting the cardio workout, your heart’s racing, and then you’re also stretching and building lean muscle because you’re holding the positions for so long. It’s great for your skin too. I’ve found that my skin gets so much better, because your pores are open, and they’re breathing. It’s wonderful for your skin."

On second thoughts, maybe I will reconsider the downward dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment