Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ever Had Dinner With Someone On A Diet?

Come dine with me Nigella!

It's not fun. I recently stumbled across this quote from dietician Trudy Williams on one of my favourite blogs:
"Fanatically healthy eating habits are also incompatible with a healthy social life. You’ve got to weigh that up, not just the nutritional impact."
Well said, Trudy. Because nothing (and I really do mean nothing) ruins a delicious bowl of spaghetti carbonara quite like the judgmental eyes of someone on a health kick. I can hear it now, all innocent and unassuming, "Oh, I wish I could eat a huge serve of carbs like that, but I just could never stomach all that creamy sauce..." And just like that, it's over. Ruined.

I reckon Tiffiny from The Biggest Loser would a bit like that. Sure she might have abs of steel, but if you couldn't take her to the pub and eat a chicken parmigana in front of her... well, where's the fun in that?

No comments:

Post a Comment