Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Just Go With It.

Go Hard Or Go Home

Last night I had a great spin class. Heart rate went through the roof. Legs were agony. But I smashed it. And it completely caught me by surprise. I wasn't in a good headspace when I got to the gym. I was tired, it was raining, I'd had too many Jatz and french onion dip at an office farewell two hours before. I just showed up because, well, I always do. It's habit. And out of nowhere, I had a killer ride.

That's the funny thing about really great workouts – you never know when they're coming. My dad left the house for a jog a few days ago and suddenly started feeling so good he upped his pace. Until he was running 3:30min kms. Not too shabby.

I train every day and sometimes I'm feeling it, other times I'm really not. There's not always a reason but I've learned to just go with the flow. I'll take it up a notch if I can or take it easy if I think that's what my body needs. I've learned there's no sense in pushing muscles that are crying out for a rest. Sometimes I think that knowing when to pull back is just as important as knowing when to go hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment