Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Let's Talk About Appropriate Running Attire...

Daily Mail

I love buying exercise gear. I could easily spend hours (and hundreds of dollars) in Lorna Jane. But I'm well aware that other people find shopping for tights and crop tops and socks something of a chore – which might explain why so many people show up to spin in tights that are so worn around the rear they're almost see-through and would be entirely inappropriate were it not for the three-sizes-too-big charity walkathon t-shirt they're inevitably wearing on top.

I get it, the gym is not a fashion parade (and you most certainly should never be wearing make-up) but there are limits. My sister and I once saw someone wearing jeggings with a tank and trainers. Not cool. And unfortunately, not the only time I've seen someone bring out the jeggings to jog in. I've also seen long, loose vests (seriously, what point do they serve?) and last week, I saw someone running on the treadmill wearing a feather and faux flower headpiece. No jokes. 

You don't have to be dressed to impress in the latest compression tights or the hottest trainers, but you do have to be wearing something you can... oh, I don't know... sweat in. Otherwise, what's the point?

No comments:

Post a Comment