Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Where Do You Buy Your Trainers?

How do you decide?

I seem to go through running shoes like a baby goes through onesies and right now I'm up for a new pair... again. But instead of going to Athlete's Foot where I initially went to be fitted for my Brooks Adrenalines, this time I knew what I wanted so I decided to shop around. And I found them at Paul's Warehouse – buy one, get one free. Just show me where to sign the credit slip.

My dad hasn't bought his shoes in Australia for years. He buys them from the US and waxes lyrical about how much cheaper they are, even with the shipping factored in. My friend Jess gets her Nikes from a UK website that offers free shipping and sells them for under a hundred big ones.

I like to support local stores and the personalised expertise that they offer, but if it's a matter of getting your treads for half the cost, is it worth going over the Pacific to get them. Where do you stand?

2 comments:

  1. I get my housemate's old ones when she upgrades. They should last about 3 years I reckon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I've never really approved of that...

    ReplyDelete